Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FOURTEEN

Jonah Balogna,

How in the world are you fourteen weeks old this week? You celebrated another milestone this week...THREE MONTHS OLD! That seems impossibly old to me. I think you just need to slow your roll, baby boy.




Mims was here all week keeping you company while I went to work. She flew home to Texas on Friday afternoon. You have the best grandparents, that love you more than anything!! I'm so thankful you were able to stay with Mims for my first two weeks back at work.

Daddy took the weekend off unexpectedly and spent it with us! It was a treat!! We had so much fun shopping, eating, sleeping in and cuddling you REAL good. You were such a good little boy all weekend.





We went to church on Sunday and I had so much fun dressing you up in your nice, Southern boy church clothes. You wore an adorable blue bubble with a train embroidered on the collar that your Ammy and Bacca bought for you. Ammy also bought you the cutest pair of church shoes. You've worn them before and they're alllmost too little for you (okay, they're kindof a lot too little), but your crazy Momma just had to have you wear them to church this morning. You were not happy about it. I took you to the nursery at church for the first time. I wasn't sure that I wanted to (I'm having a major case of separation anxiety right now), but did it anyway, and as soon as church was over I headed to pick you up. The nursery worker told me you were good, and you pooped as soon as we left you. Hahahahahahaha. SERIOUSLY, badger. You know how to work it. It made me laugh SO hard I couldn't talk. Oh my goodness. Nonetheless you're the cutest poopy badger I know...






You're wearing all of your 3-6 month pj's now. I still put you in some of your larger 0-3 month ones, but I pulled out your pirate jammies and put you in them. You are seriously the cutest little nugget on the block, Jonah Knox. I am so smitten by your little cheeky face!!


Every morning these days you wake up between 5-6am for your feeding (right now you're going to bed around 7-8pm, eating at 11pm and then sleeping until 5-6am most nights!) and I get up, feed you (you gulp it down so fast these days) and then I leave you in bed with us. We snuggle until I have to go to work. It's the best way to start my day. Snuggled up next to you...



You smell like the sweetest little baby. I can't get enough of your cuddles and smiles. Love 'em! Your little face cracks me up. You make the BEST expressions...


This week I noticed something unusual. You would get really, really still and concentrate on your hands. Watching them move, like they were aliens. It is the funniest thing ever. You're just noticing that you have them. I think you might be a little scared of them. Your eyes get HUGE as you watch them move about...


My days at work at busy from the moment I walk in the door, and I LOVE my job, but I so look forward to that moment that I'm in the car on my way to YOU. You're the best part of my day. Tomorrow will be a big one for us both. It's your first day at daycare. Lots of thoughts about it this weekend. I hope it's a good day for both of us. I'll be thinking about you until the moment I pick you up tomorrow!!

I love you more than you could ever know baby boy.
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment