You started school this week. Dropping you off the first day felt like the worst moment of my entire life. I did not like it at all. You on the other hands were curious like a little cat. Looking around at the lights and toys. Your teacher's name is Miss Anna. She's impossibly sweet and loves you to pieces. I like her a lot. You attend Valley View Baptist Pre-School, here in Leeds where we live. It's a smaller school and everyone knows each other. They just adore you. It's so cute.
You wore the crab outfit that Uncle Cody and Aunt Jade bought you to school your first day...
You looked so precious. Miss Anna sent me texts and photos throughout the day. You slept for hours (more than you do at home, little stinker) and were a perfect angel.
You also made your very first artwork at school. It made my heart want to burst with pride. It is seriously the cutest thing ever...
And, you quickly started learning new tricks. Miss Anna puts you in a high chair and you LOVE it. You've never sat in your high chair at home so I tried it and sure enough, you love it. You watched me cook dinner and promptly fell asleep. You look like such a big boy sitting there watching me.
You're not attending school every day. Dad's off a couple of days each week so for now you're only going to school three or four days each week. On days that he's off you two spend the day together. Napping. Thrifting. Playing. Watching baseball. You go with Dad everywhere he needs to go. It is the cutest thing ever. Dad sends me photos of you when he's keeping you and I LOVE it!!
We have the best time together. Our little family. We love you, Jonah. So very much!!
We take family walks in the evening and you love to look around in your Baby Bjorn. You reached another milestone this week. You turned around and now face outward, rather than facing me. Dad said that you were looking at every possible thing you could!!
Some days when Dad's off, you and he take me to work. We all go together. I love that. It makes my heart happy. Sometimes we stop at Chickfila for chicken biscuits. I love those mornings.
You are such a big boy now. You don't look like an itty bitty baby any longer. If I had to guess I would say that you probably weigh 15 pounds now. Maybe a little more. You're a big boy! Momma's chunky. Your personality cracks me up. You LOVE to smile and laugh and I can already tell..you're going to be a little scamp. Take after your daddy...
We've had the best week together. It seems like every week is the best. Honestly, I can't believe you've been with us fifteen weeks already. And then, it feels like a lifetime too. I can't remember time before you arrived in our life. You are the very best part of us. We love you so much, baby boy.
I can't wait to spend another week with you. I am so blessed. You're perfect in every little way.
Love you to the moon and back,
Momma












No comments:
Post a Comment