On Wednesday, July 25th you took a ride. Your very first airplane ride. You were five weeks and one little day old!
We woke up really early Wednesday morning and Dad took us to the airport. We arrived at 11am and our flight left at 12:30pm. You Daddy took us into the airport, checked the bags and walked us to the security line. He made sure we got through security okay and then waved us off. The TSA agents were super helpful and thought you were the cutest little boy they've ever seen.
You slept through the security line, through the Starbucks line (Momma had to have a little pep in her step) and through the ENTIRE flight, Jonah badger. You were a little peach!!
We landed in Houston and Mims and Papa were anxiously waiting for us. They were SO excited to see us, Jonah!! Papa grabbed our bags and we headed home. I was giddy with excitement. I LOVE HOUSTON. I love Texas in general, it's the best. We just won't tell anyone you're an Alabama boy (just kidding).
You were officially in TEXAS, my beloved state at the age of one month old!!!
The first night we were in Texas you didn't wanna sleep. At all. You werent' having any part of it. I think it was because you slept so much on the plane and ride home. Around midnight you decided that it was time to wake up and play....until about 2:30am. Your Momma was SO TIRED, but you're just way too cute to even be mad at. I wrapped you up into a badger burrito and talked to you...
The next couple of nights you started getting on more of a schedule, but definitely not like the one we had already established at home....but the trip was worth a little lack of sleep!! We made the very best memories. You met so many people that I hold dear for the first time. Everyone loved you, they fought over holding you!! Your Aunt Shelby and Uncle Cody were the WORST!! They did not want to share you with anyone. Uncle Cody and Aunt Jade came to visit us on Friday afternoon. Since they weren't able to come to Alabama when you were born they we SO excited to meet you!!
They love you so much!! They stayed the weekend with us and we went over to meet your Popo, Momo, Auntie RayeLou and Uncle Paul. Momo cooked the most delicious meal and made your Momma's favorite desserts (ice cream cake AND a chocolate french silk cake). We watched the Olympics, cheered for Michael Phelps and took turns holding and feeding you. It was the best day of family time...
On Sunday we went to church with Mims and Papa and then headed out to see Ammy and Bacca and all of your cousins you haven't met yet. They were also so excited to see you, especially Joshua and Kylee. I can only imagine the trouble you will get in with those two when you get a little older...
We also visited Meme, your great grandmother several times! While visiting her you met your great Aunt Linda and Aunt Laura. In honor of our visit Meme cooked my favorite meal, fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra (from her garden) fresh tomatoes (also from her garden) and lemon ice box pie. I felt so spoiled. She was so happy to meet you and thinks you look just like your Daddy! I absolutely love this photo of you and her...
Sooo, you are officially rotten. You were held almost every moment of every day we were there by someone who loves you very much! They couldn't get enough Jonah time! Speaking of people who love you very much your Mims, Papa and Auntie Bell couldn't get enough of you. They helped me take care of you while we were there. You slept with me and every single morning Mims would come get you between 6 and 7am and take over badger duty. You make her laugh so hard when you cross your eyes! You were sitting in her lap when I snapped these and we were almost falling off the bed we were laughing so hard!! You are such a little character!!...
Almost every afternoon Papa would get home from work and take over duty, you took your afternoon nap on his chest each day. Auntie Bell skipped work for several days just to hang out with us. On our last night in Texas you slept with her and she took great care of you. Have I mentioned how much they love you?? They love you SO...
During your afternoon naptime your Mims and Auntie Bell would go swimming with me. I worked on my tan while you and Papa worked on napping. I enjoyed spending time with them and letting them love on you. I want you to know them and love them even more than I do. They wish we lived closer and so do I. One day soon we will be back in Texas!

I got to spend so much time with you this week. I loved every single minute of it. I cherish these days that I get to be home with you. I can't even bear to think of returning to work right now. It makes me shudder. I just want to cuddle you all day and enjoy the moment. You're my heart.
The night before we came home Mims and Papa took us to eat. I asked them to take a bunch of photos with us so I would always remember your first trip and how much fun we had. They agreed and we had the best night! We had delicious food and yummy sno-cones. I am blessed with the most amazing parents and siblings and you are going to be spoiled rotten (you already are!)...
We had the best week with family and friends in Texas, Jonah. I can't wait to return in the fall with Daddy! Your fifth week on earth was absolutely filled to the brim with LOVE. Lots of snuggles, kisses and cuddles. Here are my favorite badger faces for the week..
I love you more each day!
Love,
Momma
















No comments:
Post a Comment