Your Dad has come up with tons of nicknames for you already. Daddy is the KING of nicknames, you know! The latest and funniest is Jonah Badger, or just Little Badger. When you're older (WAY OLDER) we will tell you about the Honey Badger videos on YouTube. A Honey Badger is an actual animal and it is a tough little creature. The Honey Badger doesn't care. He does what he wants....
That's what we've discovered about you this week. You sleep through anything, I mean annnnything. I try to wake you up to feed you and you keep sleeping. You're so darn cute I can't handle it. The faces that you make crack me up! Your Pops has also been calling you "the bean". Don't ask me....
You and your Pops hang out every single night. He lays you on his chest and loves on you. It's the most precious thing I've ever seen. He loves you more than life and changes all of your poopy diapers. Annnnd, you poop a lot!

We've settled into a routine now. Your Mims flew home on Tuesday afternoon and I was so sad to see her leave us. We had so much fun together. You know her voice now and that makes my heart happy! She loves you sooo many bunches. We celebrated her Birthday before she left, you partied hard. I mean, you slept right through breakfast. It was one of our first outings with you. You stayed nice and warm in your car seat and slept while I ate those delicious bread pudding pancakes from Edgar's Bakery...
Before Mims left we asked her to take photos of our little family of three. I can't imagine life without you now that you've arrived. Life is infinitely better because of you. We are THREE now and I can't wait to experience every single day with you sweet Jonah boy!
After we took Mims to the airport we stopped by Chickfila. Fun fact: Your Momma ate a spicy chicken biscuit from Chickfila almost every morning (okay, sometimes two!!) while she was pregnant with you. Towards the end of my pregnancy the spicy chicken made my tummy hurt so I ate the chicken mini's. Eight of them to be exact!! I hope you LOVE Chickfila as much as I do!!...
After I finish feeding you, you go into what I like to call a milk coma. Your head falls back and sometimes you even roll your eyes. It is the cutest thing I've ever, ever seen. While Mims was here she snapped the first photo of you smiling on camera!! I LOVE IT! Just look at your precious face:
Here's a few more photos of your happy milk face. It makes me smile every time I look at these photos. You're so happy and full. Content with your little life. LOVE IT!!
You couldn't possibly BE any cuter, Jonah! Yesterday your Pops was off work and we were hanging out in the living room. I decided you needed a bath and took your clothes off. Before your bath I snapped these photos. Your face is so serious and intent...
You are so precious to me. I love our midnight feedings and the time we spend together. I hold you close enough to hear your little heart beating and listen to your little squeaks. You're making lots of little grunting noises this week, even when you're sleeping. And you smile. Your Daddy thinks you're dreaming. About eating, I'm sure. You love you some milk!
You've been with us for two-weeks now and I can't imagine our life without you. Today you and I went on our very first outing together, alone. We picked Pops up and went and got him an iced coffee from Starbucks and I got a Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Tonight we're having pancakes for dinner. When you're older we're going to have a weekly ritual of breakfast for dinner. It's our favorite!
You're waking up now, it's time for your 6pm feeding so I have to cuddle you and feed you. You are so loved sweet little man.
Love,
Momma







No comments:
Post a Comment