Friday, July 6, 2012

ONE

Dear Jonah,

You are one-week old this week. I feel like you change every time I glance away. It's crazy and I want it to stop immediately!

You arrived last Tuesday, June 26th. When the doctor took you out of my tummy and brought you around so I could meet you it was love at first sight. My heart now resides on the outside of my body. It's you. You're my heart. You and your sweet Daddy. My first thought was that you're adorable...and you look like me. In fact, that was your Pop's first words, that you are a miniature version of me. I'm sure that will embarrass you when I tell you that in ten years. Oh well, for now you're all mine.

Your Dad and I can't quit staring at you. You're so stinkin' beautiful! We tried to imagine what you would look like when I was pregnant and we didn't even come close to guessing. You have dark hair and an olive skin tone! You definitely have my dimpled chin and your Daddy's toes. So adorable...



I'm smothering you in millions of kisses every single day!

We came home from the hospital last Friday afternoon. It was the scariest ride ever. I think your Dad went 45mph. No joke. Since we've been home I have been getting into a routine of feeding you, taking naps while you nap and watching lots of episodes of Paula Deen on the food channel. Just resting and loving on you.

Your Papa, Mims, Bacca, Ammy and Auntie Bell came to visit you in the hospital and stayed at our house a couple of days. Everyone has gone home now except Mims. She's going to stay with us awhile longer and take care of us!

We already love you more than life itself!


Your first week on earth was filled to the brim with love. Hugs. Kisses. Squeezes. And lots of oohs and ahhs at how incredibly special and cute you are. I don't think you've been put down for more than five minutes. You are already spoiled rotten and loving it...



We celebrated your first July 4th by dressing you up at home. I'm not quite ready to take you out and about just yet. You looked so precious in your patriotic leggings!!...




One of my favorite times of the day is feeding and burping you. You make the funniest faces when it's time for you to burp. You resemble a wrinkly old man and it's so funny. I try to snap as many photos of you as I can each day so I don't forget a single face that you've made. I love your little face!!...


Soon after we arrived home we gave you your very first sponge bath. It was an experience! I was worried because you are so tiny (you weighted 6lbs 12oz on Friday when we left the hospital) and slippery when you're wet. Your Mims took photos of your Dad and I giving you your first bath...



I can't stop snapping photos of you. I don't want to miss anything! Your face is constantly changing. I have a feeling that you're going to be walking if we blink...so I'm trying not to! Here are a few of my favorites this week. I can't get enough of your chubby cheeks and serious eyes. I am smitten by you...


We love you to the moon and back, Jonah Knox Strickland and are so happy you're our sweet little man! One week old and you already have us wrapped...
Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment