You're looking more like a little boy every day and it's breaking your Momma's heart. I never knew time moved so quickly but measured by you each day it's moving FAR too quickly for me!! You have such a little personality already. You're starting to raise your head and hold it up on your own for a few seconds. When I don't feed you as quickly as you want you make a frowny face and grunt loudly at me. At first I thought I was imagining it, but alas, I'm not. Impatient little scamp. You specifically make this one sound when you're impatient with me. It's like you're saying, "hurry up already, Momma...I'm hungry!!", I love it!! I love everything about you.
Your little toes make me laugh. It's like looking at a tiny version of your Pop's feet. Speaking of your Pops, he absolutely loves the way you move your hands. They're still so awkward! When I'm feeding you, you always (every single time) make a fist and put your little hand up next to your cheek. The other hand you lay on mine or on my chest. It melts my heart. When I lay you on your dresser to change your diaper I always sing to you. You stare up at me with those big eyes and watch me intently. Your big blue eye get to me. You are so precious!
I love to watch you stretttttch your little arms above your head when you wake up. You look like a little bird. You slowly open one eye, peeping at me to see if I'm around, then stretch your little arms and legs. Then you open your mouth like a bird, turning your head from side to side telling me you're hungry. I have to act quickly then!! Little impatient stink.
You are three weeks old this week. Almost a month. How is that even possible?! I want you to stay little forever and your Dad is exactly the opposite. He can't WAIT for you to get bigger so you guys can play together. He has grand plans of playing baseball and football with you in the house every evening. I guess I better prepare myself. I absolutely love how much he loves YOU. And, can I just tell you that you're destined to be an Aggie...
I'm staying home with you right now, so we hang out all day, every day. Your Dad works and goes to college so he isn't home with you as much as I am. The first thing he does when he walks in the door, regardless of the time is find you, pick you up and love on you. It's precious. Then you and he watch TV together (usually Mountain Men, Swamp People, Duck Dynasty and Deadliest Catch...or some other manly nonsense). You lay peacefully on his chest sucking on your hand, or you just snooze together. I love watching you together. Your Dad is your biggest fan!
Once Daddy gets home he watches you so I can get some rest. You guys stay up until 2 or 3am together every single night right now while your Momma sleeps. He loves his time with you. He feeds you, cuddles you and changes your stinky's. Then he brings you to our bed and you sleep in between us. We pat your bottom and make sure you're warm and cozy. I absolutely love our time together, the three of us just laying in bed chatting about you, our future and our life plans together.
You and your Dad are my life. My entire world.
And, can we discuss the fact that Pops is the swaddle king?! You have tons of adorable super soft swaddle blankets and you love to be wrapped up like a bean burrito. I haven't figured out how to swaddle you as good as your Daddy. He gets you snug as a bug and you love it. His beard tickles your cheeks and you grunt at him. He sings funny songs he makes up to you that make me laugh. I hope you always have a song in your heart like he does.
You went on your first breakfast outing with us to Cracker Barrel this week. Daddy had to close so we had breakfast together. You were perfect. Everywhere we go people want to peek in at you and they tell us how beautiful you are. And you are! Perfect to your Momma and Pops!!
This week we're taking you to my work to show you off. Everyone is so excited to finally meet you. I love my coworkers, they are the best! They watched you grow in my belly and were enthralled with the entire process. They kept a huge countdown that said, "_____ weeks until Jonah Knox Strickland" and they would change the number of weeks every Monday morning. I loved it. Everyone was so giddy about your arrival!!
Did I mention that you are SO loved little Jonah??
Next week you're taking your very first airplane ride. We're going to the best place on earth, TEXAS. Your Pops is going to New York for the week with Brooks Brothers so you and I are taking our very first trip together! I am so excited to introduce you to all of your family!! They can't wait for us to get there!! We will spend ten nights in Texas, I have no doubt that when you and I return you will be absolutely spoiled rotten. And I'm completely okay with that!
Your Popo and Momo (Raye & Paul) sent you a gift that arrived today. You love it already! It's an adorable gingham play yard and a fuzzy rocking sheep. You will meet your Popo and Momo next week!...
You're waking up from your afternoon nap so I need to get ready to feed you. Here are a few of my favorite photos of you this week...
I love you to the moon and back (and MORE)...
Love,
Momma







No comments:
Post a Comment