Monday, July 23, 2012

FOUR

Jonah,

You are four weeks old this week. On Thursday you will be ONE month old.


You are my precious little blue-eyed man. I love that we look alike!

This week I really noticed your face is beginning to change (it's getting rounder!) and you're looking more grown up. You are lifting your head quite a bit and I can tell you reeeeally have a strong will of your own (can't wait until you're a teenager. Ha!). You LOVE your Momma and Daddy to hold you and when we put you down...shame on us!!! You sure let us know you don't appreciate it by grunting! You love to sleep on our lap and streeeetch out...



On Saturday we took you to downtown Birmingham to have your one month photos taken. On a daily basis you're pretty relaxed, but you were NOT having any part of us getting you naked and taking your pics. You were not happy with your Momma and your Daddy. After we left the studio we had lunch at Urban Standard, annnnd of course you slept the entire afternoon away. You didn't make a peep!!


I love to watch you sleep. Your sleepy and sleeping faces are still my favorites right now. Your eyes are still crossing some and it cracks your Daddy and I up. Sometimes you raise your eyebrows and grin, other times you open your eyes slightly and do a sideways grin. I love those little grins. They are so precious. And, this week you laughed for the very first time in your sleep. We were taking a nap in my big, soft bed and I heard you gurgle and laugh. My heart melted. It is so sweet!!




And speaking of naps, I absolutely love our afternoon nap time. Most of the time you fall right to sleep and I stay awake to watch you. I love to look at your little face. It's so innocent and sweet. I just want to cuddle you all day long!



This week we went on your first walk around the neighborhood with me. You were perfectly content to sit in your stroller and chill. We stopped and talked to Mr. Ruben. He's from Mexico and keeps our neighborhood clean. Your Momma and Pops went jogging almost every night before you were in my tummy and we always stop and chat. Your Pops likes to practice his Spanish with Ruben. Throughout my pregnancy he always wanted to know how I was doing, and how long before you arrived. He said you are a "cute bambino"! :)


This week I was able to snap a photo of your mad face. The face you make when I'm too slow at feeding you. You're an impatient little stink!! Check out your mad face. It's so cute :)


I have a funny story to tell you. This week your Daddy and I took you to Starbucks. Dad was planning to just go through the drive thru but I asked him to come inside with me so I could burp you and change your diaper. So we ordered our drinks and I took you to the restroom. Naturally they didn't have a changing area so I came back out and your Daddy offered to take you to the truck to change you really quickly. I handed you off and stayed with the bags and coffee. I waited.......and waited........and waited.....and my phone started ringing. Pops was calling and he said "can you please come out here now. I am in crisis mode". I could tell by his voice that something was baaaad wrong.

I grabbed the coffee, your carseat and diaper bag and headed out to the truck.......oh my goodness did I walk into a mess....

There was poop on the truck seat, poop on you, poop on your Daddy, poop EVVVVERYWHERE, Jonah badger. You really did it up right. Your poor Daddy looked at me and said, "I literally let him poop in my hand. I reached down for more wipes and they were all gone. He just kept pooping and pooping"...

Hahahahaha. Initiated your Daddy the RIGHT way little man. It was sooo funny. We cleaned you up, cleaned the truck up and headed home. It still makes me laugh when I think about your Dad's face. Poop evvvverywhere. Ha!


You Daddy and I were talking about you this week and we can't imagine our life without you now. You are the most special thing to ever happen to us. We love you to pieces!! I feel like one month is a big milestone. You've been with us four weeks now and I feel like my heart could just burst each time I look at you. This love is HUGE!

Here are a few of my favorite photos of you this week:


You are my heart little man. Love you to the moon and back!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment