Tuesday, August 28, 2012

NINE

Baby Badger,

You're not a badger anymore. Badgers don't care. They don't wake up to eat. They don't cry. You are deffffinitely NOT a badger any longer. You care. You wake up to eat and you are a craaaanky baby if Momma and Pops don't feed you right away. And I mean RIGHT away. Like get that milk in my tummy NOW, Momma.

You're still the cutest nugget on the block, even when you're mad. Fact. And sometimes I laugh at you when you cry, don't be mad at me. But you're a tooootal faker, Jonah. Your fake cry is hilarious. Your Daddy loves it too. You kind of squeal and do this little wahh thing. Funny stuff. You're not happy that we laugh at you, but you're so stinking cute.

You're nine weeks old today, and yesterday you were officially TWO MONTHS OLD. How is my baby this old already?!?...



On Saturday night we met friends for dinner and then went to Whole Foods to find delicious desserts. You were a doll baby until we got to Whole Foods so Dad decided to carry you around instead of carrying you in your carseat. You love to be held so you were just fine until we stayed entirely too long past your bedtime and then you got cranky. You're a good little boy!


We went shopping on Friday (you and I) and you slept through the whole experience. I woke you up to feed you at Starbucks. The baristas all wanted to look at you so they came around the counter to ooh and aah at your cute little self...


We went to church on Sunday and both wore stripes. I love to match my little man. You looked so adorable! You slept through worship (and it's not exactly quiet) and then immediately woke up hungry after the music faded. Somehow I knew that was going to happen...



Each day I can tell you're growing. Getting longer and chunkier. I love it. You are extra kissable! You're fun to play with now because you smile....and you definitely make your Daddy and I work for those smiles. The goofier we act the more you like it. I love it when you open your mouth and grin. It's the best feeling ever!!


You look more like your Daddy every day. It's the cutest thing. He has a little mini-me now! Your face is changing, looking more like a little boy and less like an infant. I love to see the changes, but I feel like you're growing too quickly. I love your little squishy cheeks!

I think you're the most beautiful baby I've ever laid eyes on...



Speaking of eyes, yours are still blue like your Momma's. I hope they stay that way. You can look like your sweet Daddy and have your Momma's blue eyes!




Bathtime is still my favorite, and you love it too. If you're cranky (you seem to be crankier in the evenings right now, during the day you're a peach) we give you a bath and you're perfectly content to hang out in the tub for awhile..


I love your little serious faces. You stare at me so intently, I wonder what you're thinking. You know the sound of my voice and recognize Daddy and I. If you're playing with Dad and I walk out of the room you turn your head to watch me. It's the cutest thing. Sometimes I will be in the kitchen baking or cooking and you will be laying on your Daddy on the sofa. Your Dad and I will talk about our day and you will look from one of us to the other. Back and forth, like you're fully following the conversation. It's so precious.

You are precious baby boy. I love you to the moon and back!

Happy 2 Months!
Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment