You're seven weeks old this week! We have been completely chilled out, piled up and lazy on this seventh week of your little life.
We have a routine down now and I thought you might like to know what a day in the life of your seventh week looks like....
Each morning you wake up around 5-6am depending on what time you actually got into bed. I take you out of your crib and lay you really close next to me. We go back to sleep until Daddy's alarm goes off at 8 am. I get out of bed and leave you laying in bed next to Dad and you usually sleep until 8:30 or so when it's time for Daddy to get ready for work...
Once you start to stir I snatch you out of bed, change your diaper, put you in the jogger and off we go on our morning jog. For the next 45 mins you contentedly chew on your hands and look around while Mom works out. We listen to Pandora and the bright morning sunshine makes your cute little eyes squinty.
Back at the house I feed you, change you again and get you dressed for the day. Some mornings we go shopping, or meet friends. Other times I play with you until you get fussy and can't keep your eyes open. Once that happens I know you're ready for your morning nap. Nap time is so easy right now. I lay you in our big squishy bed on your belly and you fall right to sleep! You usually sleep until 1pm or so, sometimes later. Then we repeat the whole process...eat...play...nap...
While you nap I shower and grab a bite to eat. Sometimes I crawl into bed with you and nap. I love our play time. It's my favorite. I anxiously wait for you to wake up from your nap so we can play!!
Around 8pm it's into the bath tub you go. Daddy lotions you up and gets you ready for bed. For the last week or so you're in bed around 9-10pm. Before you go to bed your Daddy loves on you and spends time with you. He cuddles you in the MOST awkward positions, but you don't seem to mind. You love your Daddy time...
You're getting so much bigger and have a mind of your own these days. Not quite the badger you used to be, but I love it. You're showing me who you are now. Smiling at me, laughing and cooing. It is the best feeling. When your little cheeks scrunch up and you stick out your tongue because you're smiling so big. It is indescribable. I love you so much it makes my heart ache. In the best of ways.
I love that you're such a happy little boy.
I look forward to bathtime each night. It's so much fun to bathe you with Daddy. Just the three of us. Our little family. Do you realize how much we love you?? You are our world.
We went to see Dr. Russel on Monday and you weight TWELVE pounds and six ounces. You're 23 inches long. Growing so big and chunky. I love it!!
I love this photo of you!! You look like a miniature Popeye wrapped up in your Liam the Brave swaddle blanket. That is my favorite baby blanket. So soft. You love it!
Momma and Daddy celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary last Thursday. We had delicious food and treats and ended up spending the entire day cuddling with YOU. Yep. It was a great day!
Your Mims is coming to visit tonight and will be here for an entire week. She missed you terribly after we left Texas and just had to see you again! We're going to have so much fun with her!!
I love you so much sweet baby boy! Here are my favorite photos this week. I just LOVE your cute little toes. They look exactly like your Daddy's and that makes me smile!!
Happy SEVEN weeks Jonah love.
Love,
Momma







No comments:
Post a Comment