Happy 1st Birthday, sweet Jonah Knox!
You are officially ONE YEAR OLD! Thinking about your birthday, one year ago makes me cry. It was the most incredible day of my life. I cannot imagine life without you know. You've brightened our life so much, Jonah. Daddy and I love you to the moon and back.
To celebrate your Birthday, we took you to the zoo! I took off work on your actual birthday, and then we had your big party on Saturday at the Children's Museum in Bryan. It was a wonderful birthday week! We even baked a cake together! I love starting new traditions with you. I want every little thing to be special for you.
Jonah,
Daddy and I love you with our whole hearts. This is the last entry in your first-year journal, but that doesn't mean we're not going to try to make special memories every day. Each day is a gift from God. We are so thankful we get to be your parents!! Our prayer for you is this- that you love God with your entire heart. That you grow up loving other people and have a heart to serve others. A selfless love for those around you. We pray you are blessed with wisdom and good health. Jonah, we pray that you prosper, and do well. We want to teach you how to be a gentleman and be courteous and kind. We hope you keep your happy demeanor and love of making others laugh. You are the most special little boy to us. We can't wait to watch you grow every day, and turn into a handsome young man! A year ago you changed our world completely. We love you so deeply, Jonah.
I've had the most fun documenting your life the last fifty two weeks. You made me a Momma, Jonah. Taught me how to love and nurture. You've taught me things about myself. I loved growing you in my belly for nine months, and now I get to watch you forever. Love you for always.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.
I love you to the moon and back, Jonah Knox Strickland!! Happy First Birthday baby boy.
Love,
Momma

No comments:
Post a Comment