Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THIRTY FOUR

Badger,

We officially live in TEXAS now.

It is a weird feeling. I'm excited about our future as a family. I'm sad to leave our beautiful friends and lovely house behind in Birmingham. We have so many amazing memories there. Packing it up and getting on the road was one of the hardest things I've ever done.



We headed out last week, late Thursday night. A whole bunch of your Momma and Daddy's friends came over to help us load everything up. Your favorite, Miss Anna was there to hold you, and love on you while we got the truck loaded. You ended up falling asleep while she was holding you. I miss her already. She took care of you from the first day we took you to daycare. I am so thankful Anna Newman came into our life, and I count her as a friend. I plan to make sure you grow up knowing her and how much she loved you when you were itty bitty and Momma had to go to work!




We went to eat with Anna and her family at Cracker Barrel before we left. It was a big night for you. It was our last official night in Alabama, and the very first time you sat in a big boy seat at a restaurant! You looked so big and proud of yourself!!





On Tuesday I took your teachers Valentine's treats. It was very bittersweet. Your last gifts to the teachers of Valleyview Baptist Pre-School!



Daddy drove the big yellow truck, and Mims and I rode with you in our truck. We were loaded dowwwwn to the ground. Max and Charlie rode in their kennels in the back of our truck alllll the way to Texas! It was an adventure, and you were the PERFECT little boy, Jonah. You were so good! You talked and laughed and just slept for most of the trip.



We were on the road on Valentine's Day! It didn't feel very romantic to me...driving...but I was happy to be with you guys. My loves! I did send out a Valentine's Day card from you...


You're the cutest little Valentine. My little chunky!

Eveyday you look more like a little boy to me and less like a baby. It's crazy to watch. I always wondered what it would feel like to be a Mom and it is better than I could have ever imagined. Being YOUR Momma is the best!!


I love you baby boy!!
Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment