Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TWENTY EIGHT

Sweet Jonah Knox,

You're twenty eight weeks old, and it's officially 2013.

I feel bittersweet to see 2012 come to an end. It marked the absolute best year of my entire life. YOU came into the world in 2012. My life is forever changed by a blue eyed scamp.

Before you were born I imagined what it would feel like to be a Mom. Wondered what you would look like. How it would feel to see your face for the first time. To rock you every night and hold you close. To feed you and love on you. To have a baby. Wondered how important you would be to me. How our family would change. Lots and lots of questions and lots of thinking about you.

And then you came. And life is better. Sweeter. You've made each day more important. Each day special. I love you more than I could have possibly imagined. I know I say that a lot. More than I could have imagined, that is. But it's so true Jonah. I felt you move in my tummy every day. I would lay on the sofa and you would move all around. Your Dad and I would just watch you kick and turn. It was the coolest feeling. But I can't explain how I felt the first time I saw your little face. The first time I held you.

You're part of us. Our precious baby. I want you to know how much you are loved. Every day of your life, as you are, Jonah.

SO, I said all of that to say that by FAR, I think 2013 will be the best ever. Our first full year with you, little man. You will turn one. Start crawling, maybe even walking! So many things to look forward to and celebrate. I can't wait!!


Daddy came home this week for my 30th birthday!! We had the best times celebrating together. It was the BEST birthday yet! We went to Atlanta and had so much fun being together. You were the perfect little boy.



Dad flew back to Texas early this morning. He's coming back in ten days, so we don't have to wait very long!



This week you're starting to look like a big boy to me. I feel like you've grown. Gotten longer. Heavier. And, you look more like a little boy than a little baby.

Every night we play on the floor for an hour before bed. You roll around and laugh. We have the best time together. I can tell that you're trying to crawl now. Scoot. I'm not ready. Not ready for you to be this big. Not yet. I still want my little baby. It's crazy to me how quickly you're growing...




You are the most precious thing in the world to me. I love you to the moon and back little man! 

Love,
Momma 

...and my favorite photo of you this week. Indeed you are, little man... 


No comments:

Post a Comment