Tuesday, May 21, 2013

FORTY SEVEN

Jonah Knox,



Last week was rough for your Mom. We celebrated Mother's day on Sunday, and then at 4 am bright and early Monday morning Daddy took me to the airport in Houston to fly to Alabama. Lots of work to do! I stayed in Alabama for three nights. My first nights apart from you. Terrible. TERRIBLE. I hated every moment I was away!! I didn't get to see you until late Thursday night and you were already asleep. That didn't stop me from picking you up and cuddling you. No sir! I love my little baby boy!!



So, this past weekend we hung out together. Lots of family time, love and cuddles. I wasn't sure how it was going to be- spending time away from you and I was right all along. It was not fun for this Momma!! I was so happy to squeeze your little cheeks all weekend long!! We had brunch after your photos at Grand Luxe in Houston by the Galleria. You were a little stinker. You ended up sitting with four precious ladies at the table next to us. They asked to hold you so Dad and I could eat. It's always an adventure with you, Jonah boy!!!



I sure love you and that chubby little smiling face that I get to see every day. The very best part of my day is opening your door to see you sitting in your crib just waiting for me to come get you each morning. I love it!!

We visited Meme this week and had a delicious dinner at her house. We went out to look at her garden and help her pick a few vegetables. Do you know how much your Great Grandmother loves you, Jonah? She loves you so much. Every time we go to her house she has new toys and snacks for you that she picks up on her weekly trips "to town". Meme is the kindest, most gentle lady that I've ever met. I am so happy that she is getting to love on you. Precious, precious memories.




You are a little mess these days. Crawling faster than ever, pulling up on everything in sight, opening cabinet doors and emptying (!!!) the contents of every cabinet. You're a toot toot and I love it. Mr. Personality Plus. You know how to make us smile and you're rotten. Just rotten. In the best possible way...


I feel like your little face is changing daily. You've gotten so much taller in the last three months. The little baby face is gone, but sometimes I can still see a glimpse of the baby I brought home from the hospital almost a year ago...


You will ALWAYS be my baby, Jonah. Always. Even when you're twenty one and Mom isn't cool anymore. It's okay. You will still be my baby. 

I love you to the moon and back, Jonah Knox!!!
Love, 
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment