You are 41 weeks old today.
You make my life so bright. This week you've been into everything. On top of the treadmill. Behind the printer. Under the coffee table. On top of the scale. You've fallen off of things, tripped over them crawling around and bumped your head WAY too many times for my comfort. I hate it.
I hate it when you fall and cry. I want to wrap you in bubble wrap and protect you from every single bump and bruise and scrape you could ever possibly get into. But, I know that's not the way life works. It hurts my heart to see you cry, but I know you're learning. Learning lots of new things every single day.
(you also hide when you have to poop and it makes me laugh SO hard!!!)
You understand "no" now. And you don't like it. You don't want to hear no from anyone. You shake your little head and sometimes you clench your fists and make a funny noise. Like, don't tell me NO, Momma! But, like all good Momma's and Daddy's- we tell you no because we love you. We don't want you to stick your finger in the electrical outlet and get shocked. You know, just being good parents to our little badger.
You are so curious now. You love to figure things out. Dump everything out. Play with containers. Twist caps off. Pull things out of boxes. Figuring the world out as you grow...
Your Momma and Daddy love you SO very much!!
You are growing into your little boy face. It makes me a little bit sad that the baby face is turning into little boy, but I know that's the way life goes. You're growing up into a big, strong little man!
I love you, Jonah. I am proud to be your Momma. I feel so lucky and blessed. You are my joy!
I love you son!
Love,
Momma
(picking wildflowers on our afternoon wagon ride)



No comments:
Post a Comment