We have had a very fun filled week. Daddy came to visit us!!
He flew into Birmingham on Thursday night (12/6) and stayed until Monday afternoon. I am so sad that he's gone. Today is not a happy day. Dropping him off at the airport yesterday was so hard. I feel like each week we are apart it just gets harder, not easier.
While your Dad was here you stayed home from school to hang out with him on Friday and Monday. He fed you breakfast and sent me this photo while I was at work...
You started eating your very first baby food this weekend while Dad was here. We fed you squash and you LOVED it! I've changed up your daily eating routine a bit at school. You have rice cereal in the mornings and then a veggie at home in the evening. You are a great eater. You open your mouth like a little bird and slurp it up. So far you like squash, green beans, peas and sweet potatoes.
The days that you spend with your Dad are precious. He loves you with his whole entire heart!!
You have started trying to sit up, but you're not quite there yet on your own. I can tell you also reeeeally want to roll over, but then you get distracted. So as of right now you're still laying around. Daddy and I took you to the park and you showed him your big boy swinging tricks!

I took advantage of the extra help while your Pops was around and we went Christmas shopping and ate at one of our favorite lunch spots, Edgar's Bakery. Their treats are deeeelish! We shopped, and shopped and shopped. You were a peach. You love to people watch in your stroller. And, of course everyone stops us to tell us how cute you are. You are not a shy little fellow. You love to ham it up and grin at anyone and everyone you pass...
When we got home from the airport last night both of us were in a sad mood. I think you know we took Dad and dropped him off. It made my heart hurt to let him go.
The happy news is that we will see him again soon, AND it will be Christmas! Your very first Christmas. It's going to be the best ever, I just know it. I love you little bean. You're my favorite little boy in the entire world!
Love,
Momma





No comments:
Post a Comment